Video Production Intern - Apply Online
Janome America, Inc. (JAI) is a distributor of household and computerized sewing machines. We are a subsidiary of Janome Sewing Machine Company of Tokyo, Japan, who are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of home sewing machines and leaders and innovators in the home sewing industry.
JAI currently has an exciting opportunity for a Video Production Intern. This is a paid temporary part time position that has the possibility of becoming a full time permanent position and is located at our corporate headquarters in Mahwah, NJ.
Summary of Role:
The Video Production Intern is responsible for creating video content for internal and external communications. This role will manage video shoots from start to finish including writing, producing and editing video features for social media outlets. The Intern will coordinate the sharing of video content with internal and external organizations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for producing, shooting, and editing promotional, technical, and employee videos for YouTube
- Implement YouTube tagging, keywords, and closed captions for SEO impact
- Coordinate video shoots, including set up/tear down, scheduling employees, and set design
- Review YouTube analytics for monthly KPI reporting and ad-hoc reporting
- Create visual stories that are compelling and inspiring
- Shoot, edit and produce promotional and technical videos
- Work with audio recording and post production techniques
- Shoot video with DSLR cameras and traditional video cameras
Skills / Requirements:
- Experience with digital audio/video production, and the Adobe platform of products (Premiere, Audition, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- 3-5 years of video & multimedia production experience
- Proficiency in motion graphics, animation, photography etc.
- A background in basic cinematography is a plus (lighting interviews, sets, etc.)
- Have a strong familiarity with social media platforms and the latest trends and best practices for multimedia applications
- Ability to work individually and on self-driven projects as well as part of a team
- Comfortable in a small to mid-sized business environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Work well under stress to meet project deadlines and meticulous attention to detail
This is a paid temporary part time position that has the possibility of becoming a full time permanent position!
Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
Duration: 3-4 months
Hours: 30-35 hours per week
**Applicant is strongly encouraged to submit a portfolio of their work**
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the US.
Apply Online or submit resumes to Janomehr@janome-america.com