The high capacity of Compact Flash PC Cards (ATA PC Cards) makes them ideal for transporting designs in the *.jef format from your computer to the sewing machine.
ATA PC Card Facts
- ATA PC Cards are not a Janome product. They can be purchased at discount stores, office supply stores, computer stores, or photo supply stores.
- Once inserted into your computer, the ATA PC Card will be a designated as a drive in your computer. Depending on the configuration of your computer, the drive designation will become "E" or "F."
- ATA PC Cards are small chips; you will need a PC Card Adapter to place them into the Memory Craft 10000 PC Card slot. They are available for purchase at the stores listed above.
- If your computer is a laptop, there is a slot where you can insert the ATA PC Card and its adapter into the computer.
- If your computer is a desktop, you will need a PC Card Reader/Writer connected to a USB port. They are available for purchase at the stores listed above.
NOTE: See a list of recommended brands of ATA PC Cards that are compatible with either a laptop or PC Card Reader in our FAQ:Which brands of ATA PC Cards (also called CompactFlash cards) are the most compatible, and where can I purchase them?
Write A Design
If you want to send the design that is on the design screen to the ATA PC Card in your computer, use the Write a Design function.
The Write a Design function can be accessed two different ways. You can click ATA Card, Write a Design...
Click the Write to Card icon.
Either way will bring up the Write a Design dialog box. There are two options available when using the Write a Design dialog box.
Write Design to PC_Link Folder (Open Using PC Link Mode)
This option will write your design to the PC_Link Folder on the ATA PC Card.
This option is the default.
Once the design is written to the card, insert the card into the card slot of the Memory Craft 10000.Access the design by pressing the PC Link Mode key and then press the PC Card tab to display the designs in the PC Link folder. Designs in the PC Link folder will display as thumbnail images.
Write Design to Emb_File Folder (Open Using Open File Mode)
With this option you check the Select Open/Save folder box.
This option will write the design that is on the design screen to the Emb_File Folder on the ATA PC Card.
Once the design is written to the card, insert the card into the Memory Craft 10000. Access the design by first pressing the Embroidery Mode key and then the Open File Mode key to display the Open File dialog box.
Change the dialog box to point to the ATA PC Card. Designs in the Emb_File folder will display as filenames listed in the Open File dialog box.
The Name Function
If you have saved your design prior to sending it to the Memory Craft 10000, your design will be sent to the sewing machine by the name you gave it when you saved it. If you have not saved your design, the design will be sent by the name of the bitmap or clipart that was used to create the design.
However, you can change the name of the design by clicking the Name button on the Send Designs dialog box. The Jef Name dialog box will appear where you can type in a new name for the design.
The Read/Write Designs function is really three separate functions in one:
- If you want to write more than one design to an ATA PC Card, use the Read/Write Designs function.
- If you want to receive one or more designs from an ATA PC Card (that were saved from the Memory Craft 10000) and write them to a folder in your computer, use the Read/Write Designs function.
- If you want to delete designs from an ATA PC Card, use the Read/Write Designs function.
The Read/Write Designs function is accessed by clicking ATA Card, Read/Write Designs...
The Write Designs, Read and Erase dialog box will appear. Point to the folder on the ATA PC Card to where you want to write designs, read designs or delete designs. The default folder is the PC_Link folder. To point to the Emb_File folder, click a check mark in the Select Open/Save folder box.
Write More than One Design
Click the down arrow in the Look in: box to list the folders on your computer.
There are two ways to list the designs in the folder. Double click the folder name.
Click the folder name to highlight it and click the Open Folder button. Either way will list the designs in the folder.
Select a design by clicking it. The design will highlight and show in the preview window. Click the Write button to write it to the ATA PC Card.
To receive a design from an ATA PC Card, highlight the design in the folder window. Click the Read button.
A Browse for Folder dialog box will appear. Click the folder where you want to write the designs and clickthe OK button. The design will be written to the folder you selected.
To delete designs from the selected folder on the ATA PC Card, click the design name to highlight it and then click the Erase button. A confirm dialog box will appear. Click OK to remove the design.