How to do stitch-in-the-ditch through quilt layers on your MC12000.
You have two ways of doing easy stitch in the ditch on your Horizon Memory Craft 12000. One is with the the optional Ditch Quilting Foot S. The other way is with the optional AcuFeed Ditch Quilting Foot SD, which works in conjunction with the AcuFeed Flex™ fabric feeding system.
Both feet work on the same principle: a flange on the front of the foot helps you guide your fabric to keep your new line of stitching "in the ditch." The AcuFeed Ditch Quilting Foot helps you do this and keeps your multiple quilt layers feeding in perfect sync.
How To Use The Ditch Quilting Foot SD
- Install the AcuFeed Ditch Quilting Foot on the AcuFeed Flex foot holder before you attach it to the machine: Place the pins of the foot in the grooves of the ankle, and then push them together.
- Attach the AcuFeed Flex system to your machine and tighten the screw.
- Push in the bar on the back of the foot until it is flush.
- On your machine's touchscreen activate the AcuFeed Flex system. And choose a Straight Stitch.
- Align your fabric so that the flange rests in the seam.
Optional: On your machine you can move the needle to adjust how closely it stitches to the flange.
- As you sew, keep your eye on the flange, making sure it stays in the seam.
And you've made a beautiful stitch-in-the ditch.
To see this demonstrated watch the video AcuFeed Ditch Quilting Foot SD: Stitching in the ditch with the AcuFeed Flex System.
You can find this foot and the Horizon Memory Craft 12000 sewing, quilting and embroidery machine at your authorized Janome dealer.