This accessory set makes pintucks easy.
Pintucks are little decorative ridges (or tucks), usually sewn in narrow rows. The ridge is created when a narrow piece of cording is placed under your fabric and you stitch on either side of it with a twin needle. To sew them you need a pintucking foot working in conjunction with a pintucking cord guide.
When you want to make pintucks on your Janome sewing machine, the Pintuck Foot And Cord Guide Set is the accessory to use. The set comes with two feet. (The wider one is for heavier cords. The narrower one is for lighter cords.) And two cord guides that correspond to the feet.
Setting up and creating beautiful pintucks is easy with this set.
How To Create Pintucks With The Pintuck Set
- Set up your machine for sewing with two threads. Then, thread the machine with both threads.
- Insert a twin needle and thread both eyes.
- Replace the bobbin case cover with the Pintuck Cord Guide.
- Choose your desired Pintuck Foot and attach it to the machine.
- Insert the cord into the cord guide.
- Choose a straight stitch.
- Place your fabric under the foot, but over the cord.
- Begin sewing. The bobbin thread works in a zigzag motion between the two top threads, creating a stitch and locking the cording in place.
And now you've created beautiful pintucks.
To see this demonstrated, watch the video Pintucking Foot And Cord Guide: Creating Pintucks.
Try out this and all the other optional sewing machine feet at your local Janome dealer.
Watch The Pintucking Foot And Cord Guide Video