Get extra visibility while you do free motion quilting.
The Convertible Free Motion Quilt Foot Set uses a spring-loaded "hopping" motion as it stitches. But it makes for smooth movement when you're free motion quilting on your Janome sewing machine.
Also called the Free Motion Quilt Foot Set, Convertible, it consists of a holder that uses three different free motion feet to give you the best results on various kinds of fabric:
- Closed Toe Foot for general use with lace and catchable fabrics.
- Open Toe Foot for general use and extra visibility.
- Clear View Foot for uneven surfaces and evenly spaced quilting.
Today we're highlighting the Open Toe Foot, which gives you an unobstructed view of the needle. This is useful when you're free motion quilting following the pattern on your fabric.
Using The Open Toe Attachment On The Convertible Free Motion Quilt Foot Set
- To install the Open Toe attachment on the foot, loosen the screw on the back of the foot, slide off one attachment and slide on another. Then re-tighten the screw.
- To install the foot on your machine, loosen the presser foot screw and remove the existing foot and ankle.
- Attach the Free Motion Quilt foot to the machine and tighten the screw.
- Lower the feed dog. Choose a straight stitch and begin sewing, moving the fabric to create your design.
To see this demonstrated watch Free Motion Quilt Foot Set Video: Using The Open Toe Attachment.
The High Shank version of the foot was used for the video demonstration. If you have a low shank machine, you can use the Convertible Free Motion Quilt Foot Set (Low Shank). Your Janome Dealer will make sure you have the right one for your machine.
Watch How To Use The Open Toe Attachment For FMQ