1. Download the PDF pattern pieces + tape them together. Follow the instructions on the pages
to tape them together. You will end up with 3 finished pieces: the outside top, outside bottom
and the inside.
COLOR BLOCKED STOCKING PATTERN PDF
2, Iron all of your fabric, then cut out your pieces.
*Cut 2 front bottom
*Cut 2 front top (which will become the colored “stripe” between the cuff and bottom)
*Cut 2 inside pieces (which will become the color of the cuff
3. With right sides together, sew one of the front bottom to the front top, using about an 1/8”
seam allowance. Repeat with the 2nd side. Then press the seam either open or to one side.
Then with right sides together, sew the front and back together to make the stocking outside. Be
sure to line up the coloring blocking as you stitch around the outer edge and DO NOT sew
across the top (straight opening)! :)
4. With right sides together, sew the inside 2 pieces together around the outer edge, using about
a 1/4” seam allowance. Leave about a 3 inch opening un-sewnnear the bottom of the foot (I did
it across the straightest part) so that you can turn your stocking right side out when sewn
together. And again, DO NOT sew across the top straight opening.
5. With both the inside and outside panels, edge clip the curved bottom portions of the stocking.
This will make it so that it lays as flat as possible when they hang.
6. Turn the inside panel right side. Then stuff the inside into the outside so that the right sides
are facing one another. Do your best to flatten the inside making sure that the side seams line
up on both panels and the top edges line up as best as possible. then stitch a 1/4” seam across
the top attaching the lining to the outside of the stocking.
7. Pull the inside out of the outside. Then flip the entire stocking right side out through the 3”
opening that you left un-sewn on the lining.
Press flat and work any edges or seams out to lay flat.
8. Stitch the 3” opening closed in the lining and stuff the lining back into the stocking. Then fold
over the top cuff to show off the lining as wide as you desire.
9. Add a stocking hanger, poms or any name-plates to complete the stockings! :)
I used ribbon and a large needle to string it through underneath the stocking cuff.