Janome America is a distributor of household and computerized sewing machines; a subsidiary of Janome Sewing Machine Company, Tokyo, Japan, who are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of home sewing machines and leaders and innovators in the home sewing industry. We sell our products to a national network of retailers.
The mission of Janome is to “design and build sewing machines for the home market, and because of their superior ease of use, excellent quality and reliability, give their users the ability to make the most of their creativity.” If you are looking for a company who is as unique and dynamic as you are, this is the place for you.
Janome currently has a full time opening at its headquarters in Mahwah, NJ for an IT Coordinator in the IT Department.
Summary of Role:
An IT Coordinator supports all the activities of the IT Department. This will include responsibility for supporting all of the company’s computer resources including but not limited to, mail servers, web servers, application servers, virtual servers, printers and cloud services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fully support and perform all IT related tasks as assigned
- Support and communicate with local users, remote users and third-party providers
- Train / Teach staff members (local and remote)
- Configure and install programs / applications
- Install and configure laptops / workstations, which may include the lifting / carrying of computers and computer equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Setup and support of company mobile iOS devices
- Communicate and support remote locations with all above mentioned functions
- Overtime is required when necessary
- Some travel is required (10-15%)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience supporting ERP Systems
- Experience supporting Apprise ERP is highly desired!
- Experience installing, troubleshooting and supporting Windows Operating Systems (Windows 10, 7)
- Experience installing, troubleshooting and supporting Windows Server Operating Systems (Windows 2003, 2008, 2016)
- Experience with complete Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft 365 and SharePoint
- Experience managing and configuring cloud-base antivirus, web filtering, and OS patching applications
- Experience troubleshooting servers, routers, switches, access points, and ISP issues
- Experience managing and configuring Domain Controllers, Active Directory, Exchange, Terminal Services, DFS, IIS.
- Experience with Veeam, Barracuda, AirWatch, VMWare and Citrix preferred
- Experience installing and configuring local and network printers
- Experience with LogMeIn, TeamViewer, ConnectWise, or similar software
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with IT ticketing systems
- Must possess excellent computer and interpersonal skills
- A high level of accuracy in work is necessary
- The ability to prioritize task as well as work on multiple projects simultaneously is essential
- Possess efficient time management skills
- The ability to work under a considerable amount of stress is an asset
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication skills
- High degree of confidentiality
- Goal / Results Oriented
Janome America, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), paid vacation, sick, personal days, 12 paid holidays, 401(k) plan and profit sharing- EOE
Regular Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Applicants to this posting are encouraged to submit a cover letter with their resume highlighting relevant skills and experience.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the US.
Please submit cover letters and resumes to Janomehr@janome-america.com.