Service/Video Production Technician
Janome America is a distributor of household and computerized sewing machines; a subsidiary of Janome Sewing Machine Company, Tokyo, Japan, who are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of home sewing machines and leaders and innovators in the home sewing industry.
The mission of Janome is to “design and build sewing machines for the home market, and because of their superior ease of use, excellent quality and reliability, give their users the ability to make the most of their creativity.” If you are looking for a company who is as unique and dynamic as you are, this is the place for you.
Janome currently has a full time opening at its headquarters in Mahwah, NJ for a Service/Video Production Technician in the Service Department.
Summary of Position: The Service/Video Production Technician (SVPT) is responsible for servicing and repairing computerized, electronic, and mechanical sewing machines. The SVPT is also responsible for the video production of technical video shoots from start to finish.
Essential Job Functions:
- Repair and service a pre-determined number of machines per day under direction of the Service Director
- Working knowledge of all software and computer connected products
- Responsible for producing, shooting, and editing technical videos
- Ability to work overtime (occasionally on a weekend) during busy times of the month and year
- Ability to lift 65 lbs.
- 3 years of sewing machine repair experience or applicable field
- 3 years of video production experience, shooting technical videos from start to finish
- Comfort level communicating in an email environment
- College degree or applicable technical school certificate
- Strong mechanical background and technical skills
- Technical experience with sewing machines
- In-depth understanding of mechanical and electronic components
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to produce technical videos, from concept to delivery
- Experience with digital, audio/video production
- Proficiency in motion graphics, animation, photography, etc.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with the Adobe Platform of products (Premiere, Audition, After Effects, Photoshop)
Education/Experience: College degree or applicable technical school certificate. Vocational technical training a plus. Previous technical experience and familiarity with the mechanics and repair of sewing machines is preferred. Familiarity with computers including Windows, Excel and using email; Experience using hand tools. Experience producing technical videos, from concept to delivery is a must!
Applicants with prior experience in repair or maintenance of small appliances, autos or HVAC are encouraged to apply.
The company offers an excellent benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), paid vacation, sick, personal days, 12 paid holidays, 401(k) plan and profit sharing- EOE
Regular Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Applicants to this posting are encouraged to submit a cover letter with their resume highlighting relevant skills and experience.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the US.
Please submit cover letters and resumes to Janomehr@janome-america.com.