Once you start embellishing ribbons, you'll be hooked.
Decorative stitching and lettering really look great on ribbons. And when you have the right accessory, it's easy to do.
The Ribbon Sewing Guide allows you to sew beautiful decorative stitches onto ribbon without having to attach it to fabric.
This accessory comes with different attachment screws and rubber padding, so it fits a variety of Janome models. Be sure to check the instructions on the back of the package to see which attachment screw and rubber pad will work with your machine. Or even better, just ask your friendly Janome Dealer for help.
Installing And Using The Ribbon Sewing Guide
- Place the rubber pad over the screw hole on your needle plate. Set the Ribbon Sewing Guide in place. Insert the screw through the hole and tighten.
- Loosen the two white screws to open the guide to the width of your ribbon – up to one inch.
- Slide back the Ribbon Holder and place your ribbon under the foot, then slide it back in place. Adjust the two guides so they're just touching the sides of the ribbon and tighten the screws.
- Take a piece of stabilizer and slide it under the ribbon guide and the presser foot.
- Select any decorative stitch and start sewing.
To see a brief video demonstration of this watch Ribbon Sewing Guide Video: Decorative Stitching On Ribbon
All Janome sewing machines that have an attachment hole on or near the needle plate can use the Ribbon Sewing Guide. But it does not fit machines without an attachment hole, such as the Memory Craft 10001 or 10000. Find out more about compatibility.